2010年7月24日土曜日

Final Days in Mori


Well the time has come at last... The time to say goodbye to Mori-machi.
It's been three months since my world was turned upside down.
I've said my goodbyes and packed my bags/boxes.
My bedroom for the last 3 months is now empty.



I'm going to be heading to Tokyo tomorrow to start my new job. I still can't believe it. I will be meeting all the people I've been talking to online for months and meeting up with some old friends too.



My last few weeks here have been action packed and wonderful.




I've done everything from visiting a beautiful lakeside town frequently ravaged by it's many active volcanoes, to climbing a volcano!





In Toya I not only saw the beautiful lake which has filled the crater created by an extremely large blast hundreds of thousands of years ago, but also the ruins of more modern eruptions and current active volcanoes.




After going to Toya I went to Canoe Club with the usual people. We ate a lot, talked and even canoed. Kim and I rode in the Canadian Canoe hand made by one of the members. I hope to come back next summer and go again.








The next day we got together with a group of people from the South West and climbed Komagatake the volcano closest to where Kim lives. It was quite the experience but very much worth it in every sense of the word.




This weekend I went to a farewell party for a friend who is returning to the United States as well as having a farewell lunch with just a couple of my friends. This evening I had the neighbours over for cookies. They brought pizza, beer and scones.

0 コメント:

コメントを投稿